It’s important to keep your kids hydrated throughout the day, but getting them to drink water can sometimes be a challenge. Here’s a suggestion for a simple way to make drinking water more appealing. Get your kids to help make fruity ice cubes to use in their glass of water, to give it a fresh, fruity kick.
What you need
Ice cube tray
Fresh fruit (apple, pineapple, strawberries, mango, grapes, watermelon – whatever fruit you have available)
How it works
- Cut the fresh fruit into small pieces.
- Place the pieces of fruit into each cube of the tray.
- Fill the tray with water until the fruit is covered.
- Carefully place the tray in the freezer until the cubes are completely frozen.
- Once the cubes are frozen, place them in a glass and pour water over them for a drink with a fruity difference.