It’s not unusual for kids to get into the habit of snacking between meals. Why not give them a fun game to keep their hands busy during those times they might want to snack?
What you need
Plastic bottle or other plastic container with a tight lid
Sand or small pebbles
Small items that fit into the bottle which can be the “treasure”
How it works
- Fill the plastic container just over half full with sand or small pebbles.
- Add small “treasures” like paper clips, bolts, pennies or other small items.
- Secure the lid tightly to ensure the child cannot open it.
- Write the number of items that are in the container on the outside.
- Encourage your child to roll the container around to spot all the hidden treasure. Supervise them to ensure the container stays closed.